Test a wide variety of medications, results in about a week.
Pharmacogenomics (PGx) testing
99% of people have genetic variants that impact how their bodies respond to certain medications (1). Pharmacogenomics (PGx) testing provides clinicians with an easy to understand report on patient specific genetic ability to metabolize medications. The test result can help your healthcare provider select the best match of medication and dosage specific to you. Depending on your genetic makeup, some medications may not provide much benefit, or worse, may create adverse drug reactions (ADR’s), the fourth leading cause of death in the U.S. Collected via a simple mouth swab. Click here to learn more.
1 Ji Y, et al. J Mol Diagn. 2016 May; 18(3): 438-445
Who is this test for?
- Those wanting a proactive approach to medication management
- Those struggling to find symptom relief
- Those who have experienced adverse drug reactions
- Those on multiple medications
- Those switching to or starting new medications
- Ask your doctor about an Aura Genetics PGx test.
- If your doctor agrees the results could be useful for your medication management, you’ll be asked to sign a patient consent form and provide a sample via a simple, non-invasive cheek swab.
- Your sample will be sent to the lab for processing and in about a week, your doctor will receive the results and schedule a consultation with you.
Understanding Your Results
Our comprehensive test analyzes 28 genes and reports on over 120 medications. There are 8 different classes of medications including pain, psych, cardio, oncology, gastro, and more. Relating your genetics to response to medications is termed Drug-Gene interaction and can help your doctor adjust the dosage or recommend a better alternative medication. For example, if testing indicates that your body metabolizes an active drug too slowly, the drug might build up in your body and increase the likelihood of side effects. While the drug might still be useful for you, a lower dose may be appropriate. Should you be a fast metabolizer of an active drug and it leaves your body too quickly, it may provide
little or no benefit and might require a higher dose or an entirely different drug. Test results can also include indications of non-gene related factors. Lifestyle habits, diet, age, weight, and other medications and supplements you may be taking may affect your response to medications. The genes analyzed in this test do not change, therefore the Drug-Gene Interaction results will be as valuable in the future as they are today. As medications are changed, added, or modified, your doctor can continually interpret your test results for a drug’s relationship to your genetic makeup.
rt-PCR COVID-19 test results within 24 hours or less.
Aura Genetics is doing it’s part to support the fight against the novel coronavirus COVID-19. Our rt-PCR COVID-19 test is an accurate (99%) and reliable test for diagnosing COVID-19. Supported by extensive automation, the Aura Genetics Team can result in less than 24 hours from sample being received at the lab. Sample collection – Nose swab or Saliva
Who should get tested?
- If you have symptoms of Covid-19 (view CDC Covid symptoms list),
- Have been exposed to someone who tested positive for Covid-19 or
- Need a negative Covid-19 test result for travel.
What to expect:
Before You Arrive
- Pre-registering in our Patient Portal
- Make sure you receive your confirmation email. Testing cannot be performed without the code provided in the confirmation email.
- Check the weather. Be aware sites my close due to extreme weather.
- Check our website for any updates for site closures. At the Testing Site
- Have your Drivers License, Insurance Card/Info and Confirmation Number (emailed from our portal) ready
- Wear a mask
- If a child under the age of 5 needs testing, an adult guardian will be responsible for administering the swab or assisting with the saliva collection
- How the sample collection process works; Nasal Swab or Saliva
After Your Test
- Results are normally available in less than 24 hours
- An rt-PCR test for COVID-19 is an accurate (99%) and reliable test for diagnosing COVID-19. A positive test means you likely have COVID-19. A negative test means you probably did not have COVID-19 at the time of the test.