Aura Genetics is doing it’s part to support the fight against the novel coronavirus COVID-19. Our rt-PCR COVID-19 test is an accurate (99%) and reliable test for diagnosing COVID-19. Supported by extensive automation, the Aura Genetics Team can result in less than 24 hours from sample being received at the lab. Sample collection – Nose swab or Saliva
Who should get tested?
- If you have symptoms of Covid-19 (view CDC Covid symptoms list),
- Have been exposed to someone who tested positive for Covid-19 or
- Need a negative Covid-19 test result for travel.
What to expect:
Before You Arrive
- Pre-registering in our Patient Portal
- Make sure you receive your confirmation email. Testing cannot be performed without the code provided in the confirmation email.
- Check the weather. Be aware sites my close due to extreme weather.
- Check our website for any updates for site closures. At the Testing Site
- Have your Drivers License, Insurance Card/Info and Confirmation Number (emailed from our portal) ready
- Wear a mask
- If a child under the age of 5 needs testing, an adult guardian will be responsible for administering the swab or assisting with the saliva collection
- How the sample collection process works; Nasal Swab or Saliva
After Your Test
- Results are normally available in less than 24 hours
- An rt-PCR test for COVID-19 is an accurate (99%) and reliable test for diagnosing COVID-19. A positive test means you likely have COVID-19. A negative test means you probably did not have COVID-19 at the time of the test.